Suffolk IT Commissioner Resigns, Admits to Misconduct

first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York The Suffolk County information technology department commissioner admitted to falsifying paperwork for a $5-million computer software contract without legislative approval a day after he resigned.Donald Rodgers pleaded guilty Tuesday at county court to official misconduct, a misdemeanor. A felony charge of filing a false instrument was dropped.“Today’s plea is consistent with our findings that the personal mistakes Mr. Rodgers admitted to had no financial impact to the county,” Justin Meyers, a county spokesman, said.He noted that the 60-year-old Centereach man’s resignation Monday is effective immediately and that he had been placed on administrative leave without pay since charges were filed against him in May.Prosecutors have said that Rodgers had ordered a staffer to create a fake requisition number to place on an official Letter of Intent to purchase the computer licenses from Microsoft and Dell corporations.The dropped felony charge was for allegedly failing to disclose outside income in his position as president of his own computer firm, Red Dog Design Inc., on a County Financial Disclosure statement he filed with the county Board of Ethics.Rodgers, who County Executive Steve Bellone had appointed in April 2012, made $139,943 last year, records show. That doesn’t include the outside income from his company.Newsday reported that Rodgers will be spared jail time as a part of the plea deal.last_img read more

LandSec in £250m shopping centre sale

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

Mourinho rules out attacking summer signings

first_imgTransfers ‘Man Utd won’t sign any attackers in the summer’ – Mourinho Kris Voakes Man Utd Correspondent Last updated 1 year ago 06:30 2/5/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(5) Jose Mourinho Manchester United Getty Images Transfers Manchester United Premier League José Mourinho A. Sánchez Paul Pogba The United boss insists he will not be looking for additions in the forward line at the season’s end following Alexis Sanchez’s January arrival Jose Mourinho says there is no chance of Manchester United looking to add an attacker in the summer transfer window after snapping up Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal in January.Sanchez netted his first goal for the club in Saturday’s 2-0 win over Huddersfield Town at Old Trafford, following in with the rebound after Jonas Lossl had saved his penalty.And Mourinho has stressed that the versatility of the Chilean, as well as that of Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial, means he has no need to head into the market for another forward in the summer despite early links to the likes of Neymar, Antoine Griezmann, Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player Having started Sanchez from the left of attack then used him as a lone striker late in the game against Huddersfield, the United manager said that his ability to use attackers in more than one spot is one of his side’s key weapons.“That’s the point, that’s the objective. The objective is that now we have one, apart from Zlatan Ibrahimoivc but let’s forget Zlatan for the moment, we have only one number nine and from having only one number nine now we have more number nines,” said Mourinho.“We have Alexis, we have Romelu Lukaku, we have Martial, we have Rashford. Rashford can play on the left and on the right, Alexis is exactly the same, all of them apart from Lukaku can also play from behind, they can also play as a second striker.”And Mourinho added that such a raft of options insures there is no need to buy more forwards come the end of the season.“It’s bad for you because you like to have things to write and things to speculate especially in the summer, but I don’t want attacking players so don’t speak about attacking players coming here because nobody is coming here.“Juan Mata, Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, Alexis … I don’t want attacking players so for speculation in the summer you have to go to other areas, but for attacking players I am really happy.“We have to improve not in the quality of the players, we have to improve in the dynamic of the team and in the efficiency because even on Saturday it was a game to score more goals than two.”Alexis Sanchez, Paul Pogba, Man UtdBesides being Sanchez’s home debut, Saturday’s win was also notable for the exclusion from the starting XI of £89.5 million midfielder Paul Pogba in favour of academy product Scott McTominay.However, Mourinho insisted he was happy with Pogba’s response to being left on the substitutes bench for the first hour of the game.“The reaction you saw, coming to the pitch with a great desire to play. To be honest, at half-time he was already, because I can analyse body language, he was already at half-time showing that he was ready, he was already with the physio, was already starting his warming up. So I think he showed the way he took it in a very professional way.”United’s victory saw them close the gap behind Premier League leaders Manchester City to 13 points following their neighbours’ earlier draw away to Burnley.last_img read more