Nassau Family Court Referee Found Dead in Pool

first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A longtime Nassau County Family Court attorney referee was found dead in the swimming pool in the backyard of her Syosset home on Wednesday afternoon.Nassau County police said a landscaper called 911 after finding 55-year-old Patricia Doyle face down in her pool at her Azalea Drive home shortly after 10 a.m. Wednesday. She was pronounced dead at the scene.“We are deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Patricia Doyle,” Thomas Adams, Administrative Judge of Nassau County, said in a statement.“Ms. Doyle was an extraordinary Court Attorney Referee who worked tirelessly assisting families in crisis,” he said. “Her legacy is one of compassion and fairness. She proudly served the residents of Nassau County with great distinction and respect.”Doyle was assigned to Family Court to Hear and Determine or Hear and Report on Custody and Visitation matters, acting as special referees and research and analyze complex legal issues and questions raised in cases.Second Squad detectives are continuing the investigation, but police said there seems to be no criminality at this time.last_img read more

Baldwin Man Charged With Fatal BWI

first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York An alleged drunken boater has been arrested for fatally striking a 34-year-old man with the boat’s propeller while the victim was swimming in Freeport over the weekend, Nassau County police said.Raymond Balboa was driving a 50-foot Sea Ray boat with about a dozen people on board in Baldwin Bay when he stopped briefly so they could go swimming at 6:25 p.m. Sunday, police said.The 53-year-old Baldwin man asked everyone get back on the boat, started the engines and began driving the boat while one guest, 34-year-old Cesar Hernandez-Rodas of Bay Shore, was still in the water, police said.The victim was struck by the propeller and suffered severe lacerations before being brought on board the boat and taken to a nearby home, police said. He was then taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.Investigators determined that Balboa showed signs of intoxication, police said.Homicide Squad detectives charged Balboa with vehicular manslaughter, operating a vessel while intoxicated and operating an unregistered vessel.He will be arraigned Monday at First District Court in Hempstead.last_img read more