Maha winners of 2015 Natl Games yet to get award money of

first_imgover Rs 5 cr Mumbai, July 28 (PTI) The Maharashtra government is yet to pay Rs 5.20 crore it promised to the sportspersons from various categories who won the National Games held in Kerala in 2015, Sports Minister Vinod Tawde told Legislative Assembly today.”Once the Finance department approves the proposal, these sports personalities will get their dues,” Tawde said in a written reply.The reply said the state Kho Kho team which had won gold medal is yet to receive Rs seven lakh promised by the government.Some of the sportspersons who are still awaiting the payment are the winners of the states Shiv Chhatrapati Award for sports, the highest in the category.As per the reply, the Olympic Association had sent nine reminders to state Finance Ministry headed by the BJP heavyweight Sudhir Mungantiwar, and also held personal meetings with him.”The state government is yet to take the final decision on a revised proposal on the cash awards to be given to sportspersons,” the minister said in his reply.The 2015 National Games of India, also known as the 35th National Games of India, was held from January 31, 2015 to February 14, 2015 across seven districts of Kerala. PTI ND NSKlast_img read more

Jerome Valcke says reputation destroyed as he appears before tribunal

first_imgFormer FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke said his reputation had been destroyed by his 10-year ban from football as he appeared before a hearing to overturn the punishment at sport’s highest appeal court on Wednesday.The Frenchman, whose job was to ensure the smooth running of FIFA, and in particular the World Cup, was right-hand man to now banned president Sepp Blatter before both were embroiled in a corruption scandal which swept soccer’s governing body in 2015 and led to a significant change in leadership.Valcke was found guilty by FIFA’s former ethics judge Hans-Joachim Eckert of misconduct over the sale of World Cup tickets, abuse of travel expenses, attempting to sell TV rights below their market value and destruction of evidence.After being sacked from his post in January 2016, he was initially banned for 12 years, which was reduced to 10 by FIFA’s own appeal committee last June. He has denied wrongdoing and is now appealing at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).last_img read more