The complete cast is now set for the world premiere of Jesse Eisenberg’s The Spoils. Joining previously announced stars Eisenberg and Kunal Nayyar in the cast are Michael Zegen, Erin Darke and Annapurna Sriram. The New Group production will begin performances off-Broadway May 5 at The Alice Griffin Jewel Box Theatre at the Pershing Square Signature Center. Opening night is set for June 2.Zegen recently appeared in Boardwalk Empire; his additional credits include Frances Ha, Girls and the upcoming series Happyish on screen and Bad Jews off-Broadway. Darke’s stage credits include An Early History of Fire with the New Group and The Wayside Motor Inn. She was seen on screen in Kill Your Darlings (opposite her boyfriend Daniel Radcliffe) and Still Alice. Sriram recently appeared off-Broadway in The Happiest Song Plays Last.The play follows Ben (Eisenberg) who’s been kicked out of grad school, lives off his parents’ money and bullies everyone in his life—including his Nepalese roommate Kalyan (Nayyar). But when he discovers that his former crush is marrying a banker, he is determined to destroy the relationship and win her back.The Spoils is currently scheduled to run through June 28. This production will feature set design by Derek McLane, costumes by Susan Hilferty, lighting design by Peter Kaczorowski, sound design by Rob Milburn and Michael Bodeen, and projection design by Olivia Sebesky. Related Shows The Spoils View Comments Show Closed This production ended its run on June 28, 2015
3 November 2011 South Africa will launch an ambitious project aimed at boosting its “green” economy and reducing the country’s carbon footprint during the United Nations Climate Change Conference starting in Durban on 28 November. The South African Renewables Initiative (SARi), set to be unveiled at the 17th Conference of the Parties (COP 17) to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, will seek to catalyse the growth of a “green” industry through the financing of large-scale renewable generation capacity. “SARi presents a key element in ensuring that South Africa meets the emissions targets set by President Jacob Zuma who, at COP 15 in Copenhagen in 2009, committed South Africa to reducing its emissions trajectory to 34% below business as usual by 2020, and to 42% by 2025,” Trade and Industry Minister Rob Davies said last week. An integral part of South Africa’s Industrial Policy Action Plan, SARi will help to develop capacity in related industries by designing a financial solution to encourage the roll-out of large-scale renewable generation capacity. South Africa will be looking to use its international partnerships to help the country secure funding to enable an ambitious scale-up of renewables. The launch of the initiative will be accompanied by the announcement of partnerships between the South African government and international governments and Development Finance Institutions to explore possibilities for further developing the renewables industry. Davies said an initial design for a financing mechanism had been developed, which combined low-cost loans, insurance and other financial instruments with climate funding on a pay-for-performance basis. “Success in the large-scale development of renewables could realise direct economic benefits of up to 40 000 jobs, contribute up to 15% of South Africa’s Copenhagen Commitment, and decarbonise exports by up to 30% in increasingly carbon-sensitive international markets,” Davies said. BuaNews
frederic lardinois Related Posts Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… Thanks to the recent proliferation of do-it-yourself iPhone app services, the next big thing in Apple’s App Store might just be vanity apps. Take, for example, Appsfire’s Ouriel Ohayon, who just announced the launch of his own iPhone app. Ohayon used Odiogo Apps to create this personalized app. Odiogo, which mostly focuses on providing text-to-speech services for news sites and blogs, allows users to add RSS feeds, Twitter updates and photos from Flickr to its apps. Odiogo’s apps also feature the company’s text-to-speech services, offline access and advertising support. For now, though, potential users still have to contact the company’s sales department to get their own apps and the price of these customized apps isn’t clear. A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market Tags:#news#Trends#web More Clutter or a Great Opportunity?As the barrier of entry for creating customized iPhone apps continues to fall, chances are that we will see more and more vanity apps in the App Store. On the one hand, this could clutter the store with relatively useless apps. On the other hand, it could also provide a new source of income for independent bloggers who could use the apps to sell more advertising inventory or even charge a small fee for the app itself. Even bloggers with a small fanbase could reap the benefits of having their own iPhone apps.The question, however, is if users are actually interested in installing a single-purpose iPhone app that only gives them access to the content of one blogger. In the end, these apps are less flexible than a good mobile RSS reader. Apps like this probably make more sense for large multi-author blogs that publish a lot of content every day. On the other hand, the idea of being able to point their friends to their iPhone apps will surely prove to be irresistible for many people.
WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s wedding Winners of four straight, the Knights are transforming into a force to reckon with in their own right.Their legitimacy as title contenders can be argued at this point with still a lot of games to be played but one thing’s certain, the Knights are unfazed and unrattled with what lies ahead.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“Humanda ang Lyceum sa amin kasi lahat ng babangga sa amin, gigibain namin. That’s my players’ mindset right now,” warned Letran head coach Jeff Napa, his bold declaration coming on the heels of a gritty win over a game San Sebastian side in overtime.(Lyceum better be ready for us because we we’re going to destroy whoever comes in our way.) Letran has propelled to the third spot at 5-3 behind Lyceum (7-0) and defending champion San Beda (6-1) after opening the season losing three of its first four games.Napa embraced the fact that his team will be the underdog against the menacing Pirates, likening the impending clash to a biblical story.“It’s going to be David and Goliath,” Napa described. “We’re going to go all out.”And we all know how that narrative ends.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIES UPLB exempted from SEA Games class suspension MOST READ Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles01:22Manila police chief: Cops tolerating illegal street vendors to get ax00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Catriona Gray spends Thanksgiving by preparing meals for people with illnesses Read Next Letran head coach Jeff Napa. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netUndefeated and fearsome, Lyceum is looking every bit of a championship contender nearing the halfway mark of the NCAA season.The Pirates have been making statements with a victory on top of another. But Friday’s showdown with the Letran Knights, who are in the middle of a resurgence, promises to be their stiffest challenge yet.ADVERTISEMENT SEA Games in Calabarzon safe, secure – Solcom chief Man sworn in as lawyer by judge who sentenced him to prison as a teen 20 years ago PSC gives 2019 SEA Games hosting green light LOOK: Venues for 2019 SEA Games Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Flags of SEA Games countries raised at Athletes Village View comments
Minnesota Timberwolves guard Ricky Rubio, left, of Spain, congratulates forward Andrew Wiggins after he drew a foul while taking a shot against the Denver Nuggets in the second half of an NBA basketball game, Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017, in Denver. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota—A five-year contract extension worth nearly $150 million sat in front of Andrew Wiggins for more than two months.Not only did the 22-year-old Wiggins not jump at the first chance to sign it, he decided to revamp the team of advisers around him and essentially lead the process himself. The Minnesota Timberwolves are hoping that self-assurance and unflappable nature helps a franchise long in the basement finally break through.ADVERTISEMENT Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City BSP sees higher prices in November, but expects stronger peso, low rice costs to put up fight MOST READ The meeting was held in September and Wiggins completed the process without an agent while leaning on a close circle of advisers, including his parents, and an attorney to review the paperwork. Duffy is still expected to challenge to get a commission from the deal as well.“I did it by myself and it was my first time doing it, obviously,” Wiggins said. “So I just wanted to make sure I was doing everything correctly.”Wiggins made great strides as a scorer in his first three years, improving as a 3-point shooter, developing a low-post game and using his athleticism and strength to get to the free throw line. But he still has a long way to go as a defender and rebounder, and will need to be even better than the .356 shooter he was from 3-point range last season if the Wolves are going to snap that skid.Wiggins has also been a durable fixture in the lineup ever since he arrived in town. He has missed just one game in his first three seasons while averaging 36.2 minutes per game.“He deserves every dime,” Towns said. “He’s one heck of a player. We’re blessed to have him.”Despite all of that, the contract is sure to be a polarizing one. As good as Wiggins has been as a scorer, certain metrics paint him as a very poor defender and an offensive player ill-equipped to play in this era of pace and space.“It’s motivation to get better and show everybody what I can do, the other stuff I can do,” Wiggins said. “The stuff they think I can do, add more, just keep on adding to my game.” Wiggins signed his contract Wednesday, a straight five-year deal with no player option that puts a big piece of business to rest a week before the Wolves open the season. From his rookie of the year press conference in 2015 when he professed “I hope I’m here forever ” to the eve of his fourth season in the league, the Canadian has never wavered in his admiration for his home away from home.“I like everyone from the trainers to the coaches to the front office, my teammates,” Wiggins said. “I love everybody. They’ve treated me with nothing but nice since I got here. And they were the first people who gave me the opportunity to play in the NBA after I got traded from Cleveland and they welcomed me with open arms so this is where I wanted to be at.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutWiggins averaged 23.6 points in his third season in the league and has cemented himself as one of the building blocks of an up-and-coming franchise. Along with Karl-Anthony Towns and Jimmy Butler, Wiggins is expected to help the Timberwolves end a 13-season playoff drought.He will not turn 23 until February and has yet to make an All-Star team. But had he made it to restricted free agency next summer, there was a very good chance another team would have sent a max offer sheet his way. The Timberwolves beat them to the punch. Frontrow holds fun run to raise funds for young cancer patients Nonong Araneta re-elected as PFF president Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa LATEST STORIES View comments “He’s never satisfied. He wants to get better,” coach and president Tom Thibodeau said. “I think he’s already demonstrated that to make the progress that he’s already shown is impressive, but as I mentioned, it’s scratching the surface. And now we hope that it’ll continue to grow and it’ll translate into wins.”Owner Glen Taylor made it clear to Wiggins early in the summer that he was comfortable with paying the huge price to keep the athletic wing in the fold. It is extremely rare for a player coming off of a rookie contract to turn down a max-level extension, but Wiggins did inject a little drama into what is normally a straight forward process.The sides were on the verge of reaching a deal in August when Wiggins decided to part ways with agent Bill Duffy, who had represented him ever since he was drafted by Cleveland and traded to Minnesota in 2014.Taylor told The Associated Press in August that he wanted to meet face-to-face with Wiggins before the deal was signed to have a frank conversation about the expectations that come with such a big contract.“He seems like a very good person,” Taylor said then. “He seems to have the ability and so the only thing it would be is for some reason he didn’t work hard enough to obtain the skill sets. That’s what you’re asking him to commit to.”ADVERTISEMENT Read Next Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games PLAY LIST 00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Miguel Cotto books December farewell fight LOOK: Loisa Andalio, Ronnie Alonte unwind in Amanpulo for 3rd anniversary
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Solskjaer: Man Utd players must embrace Old Trafford expectationsby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United caretaker boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says home players should always embrace the expectations of the Old Trafford crowd.Solskjaer – who was at the Reds for 11 years as a player – accepted Old Trafford can be an intimidating arena, but believes the team should be able to cope.“That comes when you sign for Man United,” he said. “You know you’re going to play in front of the best fans in the world. Confidence is not something you store in the fridge and pick out.“You earn it by your performances, by your training, how you feel. Hopefully this gave them a boost, so I’m happy and looking forward to Boxing Day.“You can never set the bar too high. They’re setting the standard. The players who play for this club have high standards to live up to.”
TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Real Betis coach Setien responds to Barcelona rumoursby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveQuique Setien insists he’s happy in his job at Real Betis.Setien has been linked with Barcelona.”I have a contract with Beris, I’m doing really well here and we keep working hard with enthusiasm,” he said. “[Barca links] flatter me but I would be flattered to be linked with any other team, because I am very respectful of every side.” Setien has a contract with the Seville-based club until 2020.
Story Highlights The Prime Minister was making his contribution to the 2019/20 Budget Debate in the House of Representatives on March 19. Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, says the future of Petrojam is secure, as governance systems have been established at the entity that must be followed. He said the Government has had to make several decisions about the oil refinery, but the most “significant” one was the buy-back of the shares held by Venezuela, which has cleared the way for Jamaica to make “strategic decisions about its energy security without encumbrances”. Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, says the future of Petrojam is secure, as governance systems have been established at the entity that must be followed.He said the Government has had to make several decisions about the oil refinery, but the most “significant” one was the buy-back of the shares held by Venezuela, which has cleared the way for Jamaica to make “strategic decisions about its energy security without encumbrances”.The Prime Minister was making his contribution to the 2019/20 Budget Debate in the House of Representatives on March 19.“Petrojam has a secure future in whatever form we may choose to continue the business. Without that action, credible investment in the refinery would have been limited if not impossible to obtain. Without this action, it was clear that it would have become increasingly difficult to do business with suppliers and bankers, once sanctions remained in place,” he told the House.Mr. Holness said the Petrojam Review Commission, which he appointed last October, will submit its report in June, and notwithstanding its finding, he has directed the Board and management of the entity to ensure that it continues to pursue opportunities and take decisions that will preserve and enhance the existing value of the business, that going forward, “it will have significant commercial value”.He said Petrojam has been mandated to pursue markets in CARICOM to sell heavy fuel oil (HFO) that will not be used by the Jamaica Public Service Company (JPS), when that company transitions to liquefied natural gas (LNG), and to supply the bunkering market.Meanwhile, the Prime Minister said that under new governance rules, Board chairmen will have to notify and get the approval of Ministers before they travel; Board members will have to disclose residency to Ministers and the Cabinet; a system now exists for detailed procedures on how public bodies can make donations, which include limits to be set by the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service.He outlined that there are now “tighter procedures” around the use of retainer contracts, which require that all such contracts that are to be sole source must get approval of the Cabinet, and that connected party interests with the Board or management must be declared to the Cabinet and in annual reports.On the issue of non-disclosure agreements and confidentiality clauses in human resource (HR) settlements in public bodies, they cannot be concealed from the Parliament, and the monetary value cannot be subjected to confidentiality, the Prime Minister said.