Advertisement 6gp52NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs2dqWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E6eym( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) c7jj1vWould you ever consider trying this?😱37dCan your students do this? 🌚06lnRoller skating! Powered by Firework Master-blaster Sachin Tendulkar still shares a wonderful camaraderie with his former colleagues, as it was witnessed in a recent social media post from former Indian captain and current BCCI president Sourav Ganguly. Sachin, who is also known for his sharp humour, replied to Ganguly’s Instagram post which amused his fans all around the globe.Advertisement Picture Credit: FirstpostLast week, Ganguly posted a photo of himself on social media, captioning: “A good fitness session in a cold morning is very freshning….” to which Tendulkar replied, “Well done Dadi! Kya Baat hai.”Meanwhile, Dada appreciated this comment from his dependable batsman, replying: “@sachintendulkar… thank you champion… always was a fitness freak…. u remember the great training days?”And Sachin took no time to reply back with a hilarious banter which read: “Ye Dadi.. We all know how much you enjoyed the training! Especially ‘Skipping’.”In the late 90s and early 2000s, the phenomenal pair of Sachin and Sourav took the world by storm which is even to this day an adorable memory for the Indian fans. The duo used to open for the Men in Blues and together scored over 20 centuries, the highest by an opening pair in ODI cricket.Their lethal partnership was a headache for the opponents and it also laid the foundation of a formidable Indian batting line up. Together Tendulkar and Ganguly hold the record for the most hundred-run partnerships by a pair (26) while also scoring 8227 form 176 innings with a fantastic average of 47.55.In an interview earlier, Sourav was all praise for his partner in crime saying, “These were the moments of my career I always cherish. My batting with Sachin in one-day internationals at the top was a huge learning experience.”Sachin, on the other hand, also cherished those charming days and said, “We had terrific partnerships. there were tough moments too in the middle when we discussed how and what to do to get out of the tight situations”Nostalgia much? Yeah we’re doing the same too.You may also like:Ravi Shastri: Feud against Sourav Ganguly is only ‘chaat and Bhelpuri with mirch and masala’ for mediaSourav Ganguly to talk to Kohli, Shastri about India’s weakness in batting first in T20s Advertisement
Outgoing Sea Bright Mayor Maria Fernandes is proud of her 18 years of service to the borough and numbers among her accomplishments securing a $1.5 million grant for the rehabilitation of the borough’s sewer infrastructure and helping to secure $1 million in funding for streetscape enhancements and road repairs.SEA BRIGHT — For 18 years there has been a constant in the borough as Maria Fernandes held forth in her different roles, on the Planning Board, Borough Council and then as mayor for four years. But with the installation of the new mayor, Fernandes is stepping back.Last year, following a series of health problems, Fernandes, 59, decided not to seek re-election as mayor.“When the time came for campaigning,” for the 2011 mayoral race, she explained in an interview with The Two River Times on Wednesday, “I said I would definitely run again. But then I thought maybe it’s time to hang my hat up and let someone else do it.”That someone else, it turned out was fellow Democrat Dina Long, a borough council member, who was elected to the mayoral office in November.Deciding to retire is bittersweet for Fernandes, who acknowledged she had come to really enjoy the nuts and bolts of government work and its final results, which is to help people and solve problems.“I was doing things (based on) what was best for the borough,” she said.Fernandes, who is from Elizabeth, moved to Sea Bright with her family back in 1958, when her parents bought their first of two Ocean Avenue properties. As an adult she worked for a steamship company in Newark, where she was in charge of its international shipping, and later worked as a middle manager for a Holmdel-based dental manufacturing company.Her career in public service began back in 1994 when then-Mayor Charles Rooney asked her first to run for borough council (which she turned down at the time, thinking she had no taste for politics) and then to take a seat on the planning board. She found that she actually liked working on the board. “I always liked helping people and I wanted to explain the process,’ she said of her early days, noting she developed an appreciation for the work of architects and engineers in the process, as well. “You learned a lot of things,” she said.She rarely missed board meetings and went to all of the borough council meetings. She then worked on the council campaign for Democratic candidate Elizabeth Smith. She eventually conceded to Rooney’s request to run for council, winning pretty decisively in 1996.The major issue then was the sewer/sanitary system, as the governing body decided to enact a separate utility and a corresponding bill, much to the outrage of residents, she recalled.As a council member upgrading the sewer system remained a top priority for her.“I guess my mind was in the gutter,” she kidded. But stressed it was and is an important issue for the small beachfront community.She lobbied local Assembly people and helped secure $1.5 million in state grants for the rehabilitation work on the system and pump stations. “That was very fulfilling,” she said of that accomplishment.Later she helped usher in the Downtown Infrastructure Improvement Project, winning about $1 million in grant money, allowing the borough to repave and redo roadway and sidewalks on a number of side streets.Recently, she had been working with U.S. Representative Frank Pallone Jr. (D-NJ) on getting Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) funding to replace some bulkheading and pumping equipment to address the long standing flooding problem. “We’ve made very good headway,” she said.“So, I guess I’m glad I had my head in the gutter,” she said.“I was never political. I’m not political now,” she stressed. “I never had any political aspirations.” But in the aftermath of Rooney’s death, she charged, the borough council became so mired in partisan bickering it was at a stalemate.“What always bothered me was the time wasted on politics.” So, she decided to run for mayor, winning the office.“I think name recognition is good,” and may have contributed to her victory then. But more importantly for the voters, she suspected, “I was a working council member.”Looking back on her time in office, Fernandes conceded that she would have like to have made greater strides in the per pupil cost borough property owners have been saddled with over the years to send local students out of district for schooling, long a bane to local taxpayers and officials (costing upwards of more than $90,000 per year, per student). “I wish we had the opportunity to sit down with the commissioner [of education] or the governor himself,” she said. “But we did make inroads.”She has been responsive to the needs of her constituents, helping where she can or finding out where help can be obtained. “I am not shy about getting back to everybody,” she said.Last year, Fernandes suffered a mild stroke, affecting her speech and movement on her right side. She also had her right leg amputated due to circulatory problems, which led to her decision to retire.But it may not be the last voters hear from her, she hinted. “These challenges have a way of winding up in my lap,” she said, with a smile.“I may look to come back to the council. You never know.”
George Groves weighs in ahead of Saturday’s clash with Dario German of Argentina at Wembley Arena. Hammersmith’s unbeaten super-middleweight will be looking to continue his march towards a world title shot. (Video courtesy of iFILM London)See also:Groves weighs in ahead of Wembley 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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Sikkim Chief Minister Prem Singh Tamang aka Golay, on Monday, said that his predecessor Pawan Kumar Chamling was muzzling the press during his 25 year-long rule in the Himalayan state.However, the situation will change under the new Sikkim Krantikari Morcha (SKM) government, he said, at the 17th Foundation Day function of the Press Club of Sikkim.Golay announced the constitution of a Media Welfare Board to look into all areas for development of journalism in Sikkim and promised to construct a new Press Club building in the state capital.“The 25 years of Chamling’ autocratic rule in Sikkim was a nightmarish experience for the press fraternity in Sikkim as they were prevented from writing about the misdeeds of the Sikkim Democratic Front government,” Golay claimed.Some journalists were even physically attacked during the previous regime, the SKM chief alleged.“Chamling also diverted several crores of rupees meant for the development of media in Sikkim by publishing books and publicity materials to bolster his own image,” the chief minister said.Efforts to get the reaction of the SDF on the allegations failed.The SDF, which ruled Sikkim for nearly 25 years, is now left with just one MLA – Chamling himself – who has also been the party supremo since its formation 26 years ago.In August, 10 SDF MLAs joined the BJP while two other legislators of the party switched over to the ruling SKM.
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. The match was very close with both fighters trading strong punches in the first round. But that was until the taller Thai felt Suarez’s power and started using his longer arms to fend off the Filipino attacks.Bautista, the defending champion, lost steam against Tanes Ong Junta of Thailand to yield another unanimous decision. LATEST STORIES Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students PLAY LIST 01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students05:25PH boxing team determined to deliver gold medals for PH00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Catriona Gray spends Thanksgiving by preparing meals for people with illnesses PH duo enter semis in squash women’s doubles “It was tough, Very tough. He took the fight to me,” said Marvin, who is making his debut for the national team after serving in the British Army team.Fernandez had Nat Siek Nin of Cambodia under control the whole time, using his vaunted punching might that saw his foe getting a standing eight count.But tainting their wins were the defeats suffered by Ian Clark Bautista in flyweight and two-time champ Charly Suarez in light welter.“It’s not my time. I give it to him,” said Suarez, visibly upset over the split decision loss to Wuttichai Masuk of Thailand.ADVERTISEMENT Read Next Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC SEA Games: PH’s Alisson Perticheto tops ice skating short program “I want a clear victory. I want to avenge my teammates who lost here by questionable decisions,” said Marcial in Filipino.Mario Fernandez and John Nobel Tupas Marvin also turned in convincing decision wins in bantamweight and light heavyweight categories, respectively.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout SEA Games in Calabarzon safe, secure – Solcom chief MOST READ KUALA LUMPUR—The Philippines sent three boxers to the finals, led by a spectacular stoppage win by an emotional Eumir Felix Marcial in the middleweight division Tuesday night in the Southeast Asian Games.Marcial didn’t hide his tears when he faced reporters after stopping Malaysia’s Indran AlRama Krishnan in the first round using his pet left hand.ADVERTISEMENT LIST: Class, gov’t work suspensions during 30th SEA Games WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s wedding Tupas via UD pic.twitter.com/Wt8ixxEtOG— Marc Anthony Reyes (@marcreyesINQ) August 22, 2017 UPLB exempted from SEA Games class suspension LOOK: Venues for 2019 SEA Games View comments
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Kompany hails Man City triumph: We’re at our best playing on emotionby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City’s defenders were buzzing after victory over Liverpool on Thursday night.Leroy Sane produced the decisive moment 18 minutes from time as he collected Raheem Sterling’s pass to fire across Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson, after it seemed like Roberto Firmino’s stooping 64th-minute header would maintain the visitors’ unbeaten sequence.Sergio Aguero had given City the lead with a rising near-post drive just before the interval, this coming after an earlier moment of drama when Sadio Mane hit the post and John Stones scrambled the ball off the line after his clearance struck goalkeeper Ederson – with data subsequently showing the ball had failed to cross by just 1.12cm.On his clearance, Stones beamed: “I tried to take everything, I spotted the opportunity and I heard it was tight. I’m just happy it didn’t go over the line! Those sort of things can change a game.”Skipper Vincent Kompany also stated: “I’m not worried about the result I’m buzzing with the tremendous performance. We went toe to toe with a very aggressive team and we matched them. It’s still in Liverpool’s hands. It came from our guts, a desire you can’t describe. We are a better team when we play with emotions.”
Twitter/@UConnWe haven’t quite reached the post-season in college basketball, but the bold bettor can now put down money on 58 different teams to win the upcoming NCAA Tournament. As one would expect, Kentucky is a heavy favorite at even odds, while Duke, Wisconsin, Arizona, and Virginia round out the top five. If you believe heavily in recent tournament history, defending national champion UConn is down at 150/1. Memphis, Minnesota, and Vanderbilt share the highest available odds at 1000/1 each. Here is the full list, via Bovada.
GATINEAU, Que. – Canada’s telecom regulator is giving consumers until Sept. 7 to answer an online survey about sales tactics used by the country’s largest phone, cable and internet service providers.The 11-day online survey conducted by Ipsos is part of a months-long process leading to public hearings to be held by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission starting on Oct. 22.Innovation, Science and Economic Development Minister Navdeep Bains, who is responsible for telecommunications, ordered the CRTC investigation in June after media reports and direct complaints about how telecom services are sold.In particular, the inquiry wants to address complaints that prices for services may be unpredictable or higher than expected and sales messages may result in stress, confusion and frustration.The CRTC has already collected about 890 comments, mostly from individuals, since mid-July through a more formal intervention process that closes on Thursday.The bilingual survey can be found at https://ipsosasks.ca/CRTC
Giovanni Mauri has worked with at least six Ballon d’Or winners but considers the Portuguese to be the bestGiovanni Mauri is one of the most experienced fitness coaches in the world of football.He has worked with at least six Ballon d’Or winners.He has also work in the biggest teams in the world: AC Milan, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.But to a coach that has seen the best footballers in the world, Cristiano Ronaldo is the best of them all.“Cristiano is a phenomenon and an elite level athlete,” Mauri told Tuttosport as reported by ESPN.Zidane reveals Sergio Ramos injury concern for Real Madrid Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Zinedine Zidane has put Sergio Ramos’ availability for Real Madrid’s trip to Sevilla next weekend in doubt after withdrawing him against Levante.“He always trains to the best possible level because his way of working is comprised of three things: dedication, competitiveness and a positive attitude.”“To improve football you would need to bring every young player to watch his training sessions,” he said.“He does everything with a smile and not against his will, unlike certain kids even in youth ranks.”“We are talking about a world class player who, when we returned home at 2 a.m. from a Champions League away match would not jet off home in his car,” he explained.“No, he would stop at the training center for at least an hour for various recovery exercises and cryotherapy.”“As well as living a healthy life, he has a total dedication for physical recovery,” he said.
Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone has backed Diego Costa to break his LaLiga goal scoring drought.The Brazil-born Spanish international striker has failed to find the net in his last 17 top-flight appearances, but he scored against Monaco in the Champions League in September and hit a brace in Atletico’s UEFA Super Cup victory over rivals,Real Madrid.“Of course, he is working so that the goals return,” Simeone said at a post-match news conference after his side bounced back from a crushing 4-0 Champions League loss away to Borussia Dortmund with a 2-0 victory over Real Sociedad.“He is extraordinary and very important for us, for all the things he does in the dressing room. If you play like he did [against Sociedad], you are very close to scoring. It is the way.”Meanwhile, Lucas Hernandez was withdrawn at half-time in the game against Sociedad as a precaution due to muscle fatigue, with Filipe Luis replacing him.La Liga Betting: Match-day 4 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Despite it being very early into La Liga season, both Barcelona and Real Madrid have had unprecedented starts to their campaigns. With this in…“At first [Lucas] started to feel a little pain, we knew that if he started feeling more, we would stop before there was anything worse,” Simeone said, according to FourFourTwo.“He has an extraordinary present and future and has Godin and Filipe that will not let him rest.”“They do not stop fighting. It is the strength of the team in recent years.”Simeone also revealed he is looking forward to watching Sunday’s El Clasico, although Atletico will be overtaken in the table by Barcelona if they avoid defeat against Madrid at Camp Nou.“I care about today,” he added. “[El Clasico] is a great game with two extraordinary teams, hopefully an encounter that we can all enjoy.”