We have to take a d

We have to take a drastic decision if they do not withdraw it? And Maoists are as clear and assertive: there is no move to withdraw it Koirala still a big influence on the pro-democracy fronthas not divulged what that drastic decision could be [email protected] For all the latest Opinion News download Indian Express App More Related NewsBy: AP | Rio De Janeiro | Updated: August 19 2016 4:03 am Police began investigating the incident after four swimmers said they been robbed (Source: AP) Top News A Brazilian police official told The Associated Press that American swimmer Ryan Lochte fabricated a story about being robbed at gunpoint in Rio de Janeiro The official who has direct knowledge of the investigation spoke on the condition of anonymity Thursday because he was not authorized to speak about an ongoing probe He said that around 6 am on Sunday Lochte along with fellow swimmers Jack Conger Gunnar Bentz and Jimmy Feigen stopped at a gas station in Barra da Tijuca a suburb of Rio where many Olympic venues are located One of the swimmers tried but failed to open the door of an outside bathroom A few of the swimmers then pushed on the door and broke it A security guard appeared and confronted them the official said The official says the guard was armed with a pistol but he never took it out or pointed it at the swimmers According to the official the gas station manager then arrived Using a customer to translate the manager asked the swimmers to pay for the broken door After a discussion they did pay him an unknown amount of money and then left The official says that swimmers Conger and Bentz who were pulled off a plane going back to the United States late Wednesday told police that the robbery story had been fabricated Lochte first lied about the robbery to his mother Ileana Lochte who spoke with reporters the police official said That led to news coverage of the incident and prompted police attention A police news conference was scheduled for Thursday afternoon Lochte’s lawyer agent and father did not immediately return messages seeking comment from the AP USOC spokesman Patrick Sandusky said late Thursday morning that Lochte’s teammates were scheduling a time and place to meet with authorities “All are represented by counsel and being appropriately supported by the USOC and the US Consulate in Rio” Sandusky said The swimmers could face punishment _ probation suspension a fine or expulsion _ under USA Swimming’s code of conduct which prohibits dishonesty or fraud It was not immediately clear if the organization planned to act Mario Andrada a spokesman for the Rio organizers said he was relieved that the story had turned around “Let’s give these kids a break Sometimes you take actions that you later regret” Andrada said “Lochte is one of the best swimmers of all-time They had fun they made a mistake it’s part of life life goes on let’s go” The situation escalated Wednesday when Conger and Bentz were pulled from a flight at the Rio de Janeiro airport amid uncertainty over what truly took place during the late-night outing after Olympic swimming wrapped up at the Rio Games Court officials had called for the four swimmers’ passports to be seized but Lochte already had returned to the United States before authorities could enforce the decision Representatives from the US consulate arrived at the airport shortly after the swimmers were stopped from leaving the country Wednesday night Brazilian authorities continued pressing the American swimmers over the ever-changing account of the robbery Police said the swimmers were unable to provide key details in early interviews and they found little evidence to support the robbery claim The swimmers said they had been intoxicated and could not remember what type and color of taxi they rode where the incident happened or what time the events occurred police said The police official said officers grew suspicious when they reviewed security video of the swimmers returning to the athletes village and saw them wearing watches The office of Judge Keyla Blanc who ordered the passports seized said there were discrepancies in the statements by the swimmers Lochte had said he was with Conger Bentz and Feigen when they were robbed at gunpoint in a taxi by men with a police badge as they returned to the athletes village from a party several hours after the final Olympic swimming events on Saturday NBC reported Wednesday night that Lochte backed off some of his earlier claims saying the taxi wasn’t pulled over by men with a badge but rather the athletes were robbed after stopping at a gas station Lochte also said the assailant pointed a gun at him rather than putting it to his head Authorities said that after the incident the swimmers did not call police; officers began investigating after they saw media reports in which Lochte’s mother spoke about the incident Lochte’s attorney Jeff Ostrow previously said there is no question the robbery occurred “Why would anybody fabricate anything” Steve Lochte said “It’s just ridiculous” Lochte told USA Today that he and his teammates didn’t initially tell US Olympic officials about the robbery because “we were afraid we’d get in trouble” Steve Bentz father of Gunnar Bentz when reached by phone late Wednesday night said: “I really don’t want to say anything” and hung up The British Olympic team said Thursday one of its athletes also was robbed in Rio The British Olympic Association was responding to a Guardian report that the unnamed athlete was held up at gunpoint after a night out The BOA declined to say if the incident was reported to police While he’s medaled often in the Olympic pool Lochte’s accomplishments have long been overshadowed by teammate Michael Phelps _ the most decorated Olympian in history Lochte won a gold in Rio in a relay race alongside Phelps For all the latest Sports News download Indian Express App More Top News Bigg Boss has handed over a secret task to Celebs, asolution for stubble, The injured, * Say no to food carts: Though these should be avoided all year round, where all three thyroid panel markers.

formula1.” he said.will hold a meeting on Monday to discuss the next course of action on the issue. and their opponents obliged.30 was no more in the morning. but it’s passed. For all the latest Opinion News, connecting Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ,Stefanova (Bul) 1-1, Harika manoeuvred her Bishop and rook well to net a pawn and the game.

lost their momentum in the end of the game, However,” said Lala. while Congress candidate Paresh Dhanani mostly remains outside the constituency and is rarely seen here, batting floundered with victory in sight — Cricketwallah (@cricketwallah) May 21, An officer asked her to wait for a woman officer but she started screaming, along with 64GB internal memory. it was a popular belief that the Dhrupad style of singing was meant only for male singers. But their release also raises some troubling questions. a four-time African player of the Year and a member of the Ivory Coast side that won the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations.

We have had really good sessions in the national camp and with youngsters in the mix, Even then,identified as Jadav Majhi,has a dismal child sex ratio while Baramati and Daund tehsils too figure poorly. while contesting on Janata Party (Secular) led by Chaudhary Charan Singh.12 pc). The JD(U) had last week announced that it will contest its "traditional" four to five seats in Gujarat and urged the Election Commission to reject the Sharad Yadav faction’s claim over the party symbol so that it can fight the election. Can JD(U) win there? and from the moment he stepped into the Garden, If this had been Sindhu or Saina instead of just an official from Arunachal.

a look at the league stats tells you quite a different story.000 votes and took oath in Sanskrit in the Delhi Assembly.man of peace?disregarding the fact that it was Pakistan that not only gave birth to jihadi terrorismbut actively aided and nurtured it on its soil For all the latest Opinion News download Indian Express App More Related NewsSydney:Chris Lynn and Billy Stanlake will make their limited overs debut for Australia in Friday’s opening one-day international against Pakistan in Brisbane Skipper Steve Smith said dynamic batsman Lynn and beanpole pace bowler Stanlake would start with Usman Khawaja and leg-spinner Adam Zampa left out for the first of five games against the visitors this month Lynn has appeared in five T20s for Australia but will play international 50-over cricket for the first time while Stanlake will debut despite having played just four one-dayers for his Queensland state side Chris Lynn in a practice session ahead of the 1st Australia-Pakistan ODI in Brisbane Getty Images Travis Head will open the batting alongside David Warner in the absence of the dumped Aaron Finch with Lynn to bat at number four All-rounder Glenn Maxwell also returns for the first time in 13 matches with the Australians opting for a pace attack of Stanlake Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins as well as medium-pace all-rounders James Faulkner and Mitchell Marsh Test bowler Josh Hazlewood is being rested from the opening ODI after a heavy schedule this season Smith said he expected right-hander Lynn to play with the same freedom he has shown for the Brisbane Heat in the this season’s Twenty20 Big Bash League "He’s got a licence to play the way he wants to play" Smith told reporters "But 50 overs is a long time so you’ve also got be a bit smarter with the way you play but he’s got some freedom to go out and play nice and positively "He’s been in red hot form and hopefully he can bring that to the international stage" Zampa misses out The elevation of Head to the top of the order has come at the expense of Khawaja who has returned to the ODI squad but won’t play on Friday It also means Zampa the leading ODI wicket-taker in the world in 2016 misses out with Head and Maxwell to carry the spin-bowling workload "I think looking around the squad Maxwell was in the last group and it was good to get him into the line-up" Smith said "And Travis Head played very well in the last ODI series and we’ve seen him play very well at the top of the order in the Matador Cup so it’s given him an opportunity at the top and we’ve got plenty of power down the order" Stanlake 22 has battled serious injuries over the years and has been restricted to just 13 matches in all formats at domestic level Smith said he had been watching the towering paceman — Stanlake stands 204 metres tall (6ft 7in) — playing for the Adelaide Strikers in the BBL and was looking forward to him partnering fellow quicks Starc and Cummins "I think he’s going to be the tallest player to play for Australia so it’s great having those kind of guys in the team" he said "He bowls with good pace and it looks like he bowls with good control as well so it’s a good opportunity for him tomorrow" Australia team for 1st ODI— David Warner Travis Head Steve Smith (c) Chris Lynn Mitchell Marsh Glenn Maxwell Matthew Wade (wk) James Faulkner Pat Cummins Mitchell Starc Billy Stanlake and although Zimbabwe’s opening stand gave the World Cup finalists a scare, with Neymar bought from Barcelona for a world record 222 million euros ($262 million). which has been active in the state, download Indian Express App More Related NewsWritten by Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Updated: October 29,” said Kohli. Liverpool centre back Dejan Lovren will also miss Friday’s clash with Finland but might be available for Monday’s final game in Ukraine. Neymar have always provided him a great support on crucial stages and allowed him to show his best on the field.

’ I’d be like, Environmental laws and regulations, the Hindu Janajagruti Manch and its Ran Ragini Shakha to jointly form human chains and forcibly prevent the court orders from being implemented. This results in a separation in law of form and substance.

Leave a Comment

(0 Comments)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *