View Comments Tickets are now available for the Broadway return of Motown the Musical. The production will play a limited engagement from July 12 through November 13 at the Nederlander Theatre. Casting is still to be announced.Directed by Charles Randolph-Wright and featuring a book by Motown founder Berry Gordy, Motown the Musical’s score includes over 50 beloved hits from the Motown catalogue. The show tells the story of Gordy’s rise from small-town dreamer to big-time record mogul. Along the way, he discovers a slew of musical talent, including Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson and the legendary Diana Ross, with whom he sparks a romance.Motown the Musical previously closed on Broadway on January 18, 2015, at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (where Finding Neverland is now playing). Meanwhile, the national tour of the show opened in Chicago in April 2014 and continues to play across the country. A London production began performances on February 11 at the Shaftesbury Theatre in the West End.Disaster! is the current tenant of the Nederlander; the disco musical is scheduled to end its limited engagement on July 3. Motown The Musical Show Closed This production ended its run on July 31, 2016 Related Shows ‘Motown'(Photo by Joan Marcus)
Governor Jim Douglas today announced the appointment of Sarah Clark as Commissioner of the Department of Forest, Parks and Recreation (FPR) in the Agency of Natural Resource. Clark, who has served as the Financial Manager for FPR for the past two years, replaces outgoing Commissioner Jason Gibbs. Sarah will do an excellent job leading FPR at an exciting time for the Department, said Governor Douglas. I am confident that her experience will be a tremendous asset as we work to increase utilization of our parks and continue to responsibly manage state lands. I am honored by the Governor s confidence in me and for the opportunity to serve as the Commissioner of Forests, Parks and Recreation, said Clark. I am excited to lead the Department and its dedicated employees.Prior to joining the FPR, Clark was the Assistant Financial Operations Manager at the Agency of Human Services from 2006 to 2008 and an analyst in the Department of Finance and Management from 2004 to 2006. Before joining state government, she was an analyst with the Office of the Comptroller of Currency in Washington, D.C. Clark graduated Magna cum Laude from American University in Washington, D.C. and holds a M.B.A from the University of Maryland.Source: Governor’s office. 5.17.2010###
Mercer has appointed David Sanderse as the successor to its chief executive Martin Meerkerk, who is to retire.Sanderse will focus on the further expansion of Mercer’s position in the Dutch market, the consultancy said.Prior to joining Mercer, Sanderse was chief financial officer and managing director at Abellio Group, an international subsidiary of the Dutch railway company NS, on an interim basis in 2015 and 2016.Sanderse is also a non-executive director and member of the supervisory board of Staalbankiers, the private bank subsidiary of insurance company Achmea. Sanderse also led the international division at Achmea during a 13-year spell at the firm, and held roles in corporate business development and group planning.During his career of more than 25 years, Sanderse gained extensive business experience in of general, financial and insurance management, as well as in mergers and acquisitions consulting, according to Mercer. Sanderse studied econometrics at Erasmus University in Rotterdam and also holds an MBA from INSEAD in Fontainebleau.Meerkerk joined Mercer in 2008 as a senior partner and business leader for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. He also led the consultancy firm’s operations in Italy until 2012 when he transferred to Amsterdam.
New apartments are renting quickly in inner Brisbane, according to Urbis. Picture: Marc Robertson.Urbis surveyed the building managers of 16 new apartment projects in Brisbane’s inner, middle and outer rings to get an ‘at the coalface’ view of the market.Urbis property economics and research director Paul Riga said the survey results reflected confidence that there was enough demand to absorb the supply of new apartment stock. QLD TO DEFY ‘MINI CREDIT CRUNCH’ “What it’s showing to us is there is a premium level of demand being placed on these new projects,” Mr Riga said.“(People) want to be in them and they’re willing to pay, in a number of cases, higher rent than in the more established market to be in something that’s new or has good communal amenity.” Urbis property economics and research director Paul Riga.Mr Riga said 10 to 12 apartments a week were being rented out in each of the projects included in the survey in inner Brisbane.“We’re confident this absorption will continue over the next 12 to 18 months,” Mr Riga said.Inner Brisbane building managers reported that rental inquiry from interstate had almost doubled in the past 12 months. MYSTERY OVER GINA RINEHART’S HOME Only three residential projects comprising 146 apartments were launched in the first quarter of 2018, according to Urbis.Another eight projects totalling 1318 apartments are expected to launch in the second half of this year. An artist’s impression of One Bulimba Riverfront by Velocity Property Group.Apartment completion numbers are set to decline after this year, dropping from 5500 in 2018 to 2200 in 2019 and 2000 by the end of 2020, based on projects currently under construction or in presales.“While figures are quite low for new apartment transactions, if you add on the resale level of demand, it hasn’t really moved over the last 12 months,” Mr Riga said.“Those projects coming to market are smaller, more boutique and lower risk. Because of that, completions of projects are going to continue to decline.” THREE BEDS CHEAPER THAN TWO Demand for new apartments in Brisbane’s inner-city is strong, according to Urbis.THERE is strong demand to rent new apartments in Brisbane’s inner-city despite oversupply fears, with tenants even willing to pay more for premium product, a new survey has found.Urbis has released a snapshot of the city’s apartment market, which also found that while sales of new apartments have dropped, supply coming to market is low and is not expected to increase in the short term. GET THE LATEST REAL ESTATE NEWS DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX HERE It reveals rental vacancy rates in inner Brisbane are “very low” at 0 to 1.2 per cent and that take-up of new apartment rentals within 5km of the CBD is solid, with projects generally renting up within two to four months. More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus17 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market17 hours agoInside one of the apartments in the new residential project, The Domain, in Kangaroo Point.Mr Riga said many developers had realised the need to tailor their product to a specific demographic and their desires.The survey found tenants looking to rent new apartments in the inner-city prioritised size, external amenities and proximity to employment.Of the projects surveyed, more than 70 per cent were rented, as opposed to owner-occupied, but sales of new apartments to owner-occupiers almost doubled in the past two years. New apartments for rent in Brisbane’s West End. Picture: Mark Calleja.Demand to rent new apartments is also evident in Brisbane’s middle and outer rings, where the vacancy rate was 0 to 0.9 per cent and around 0 per cent, respectively, according to Urbis’ survey.Mr Riga said it was surprising to find a spread of age groups renting apartments in the middle ring.“That shows that apartment product in that middle ring isn’t something that’s just a Gen Y/young couple targeted product,” he said.“I think it does show apartment living is becoming less of a dirty word in the middle ring.”NEW APARTMENT PROJECT PIPELINE INNER BRISBANEMarch quarter 2018Three new projects launched, totalling 146 apartments:1. 186 Lutwyche Road, Lutwyche2. Ari – Stones Corner3. Hanlan Park Residences, Greenslopes June quarter to December quarter 2018 Eight projects pending launch (when all contracts are unconditional), totalling 1,318 apartments:1. Eagle Farm – Tulloch House, Ascot2. Le Bain, Newstead3. One Bulimba, Bulimba4. Silk 1, Woolloongabba5. Tenor, Newstead6. The Coterie, Fortitude Valley7. The Domain, Kangaroo Point8. The Standard, South BrisbaneInner Brisbane indicative apartment completions2018: 5,5002019: 2,2002020: 2,000(Source: Urbis)
Press Association Tottenham play Aston Villa in the third round of the Capital One Cup on Tuesday, just two days after the north London club play at Cardiff in the Barclays Premier League. Given that Spurs play Tromso in the Europa League on Thursday, Villas-Boas’ squad face a hectic period of three games in six days. The Portuguese understands the need to schedule the Cardiff game on Sunday, but he is perplexed as to why his squad will have to play at Villa Park 48 hours later, especially when some Capital One Cup fixtures are taking place on Wednesday. “After this (Europa League) game, we have not only the Sunday game but the Tuesday game, which I found as an incredible surprise,” the Tottenham manager told a press conference. “How can a game be scheduled after two days, immediately putting the players’ careers at risk with injuries? “I find it absolutely incredible that we have to risk injuries to our players in a game that they play on that Tuesday. “The problem is that it puts the players in a very difficult situation. “It’s also nothing new in English football. I had the same thing once with Wolverhampton and Chelsea, when I was at Chelsea, and I spoke the same way. “The second day of recovery is the most dangerous day for a player to pick up an injury. “If this is not taken into account I think it’s bad. Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has accused the Football League of putting his players’ careers in jeopardy with its scheduling of the Capital One Cup. “Other things have to be respected – televised games, fixture organisation, the police comes into account because of the fixtures that are being played on the Tuesday and Wednesday. “But the problem is that in the end Tottenham was chosen to play on Tuesday, with only the Monday to recover from the last match, and that puts us in a very difficult position.” The Football League is aware of Villas-Boas’ comments but is yet to respond.
A CorrespondentBongaigaon: Ambrika Narzary, poor girl from Chirang, grabbed bronze medal in long jump at the 3rd Youth Asian Athletics Championship 2019 held in Hong Kong. She represented India here and won the medal in below 17 years category. Ambrika is the daughter of Hareswar Narzary and Zauli Narzary, Her father is a farmer by profession and a resident of Salbari Bangavurbari area of Chirang district. She is studying in HS 2nd year and was trained in Kokrajhar site training camp. Talking to press Hareswar Narzary, father of Ambrika said that he became proud father today. “This was unexpected for us that our daughter, from a poor family like us, achieved such a massive position. We are really proud but also feeling sad that I am not capable to provide her proper facility for practice. I hope Government will give her opportunity to play better in future days,” he said. All Bodo Students Union falicitated her parents today. Also read: Local Sports
It’s claimed while Tipperary hasn’t had the easiest lead-up to their Munster Championship, they’ll go into the Cork game ‘all guns blazing.’With the loss of Kieran Bergin to the footballers, injuries to a number of players including Bonner Maher, and Jason Forde’s one match ban which is set to be appealed, the Tipp squad have had a number of issues hanging over the camp.Tipp face Cork in the Munster Senior hurling quarter final in Semple Stadium on Sunday. But, former Tipp hurler Conor O’ Brien says Tipp are an experienced side and none of these things should affect them…
The chairman of the Local Organising Committee, Chiedu Ebie, who is also the Commissioner for Basic and Secondary Education in Delta State, said all was set for the final match.Ebie said the LOC and organisers have worked so hard to put up a great event which would last long in the memory of the finalists and all those present at the venue.Ebie said: “We have been working hard to give this event a befitting final. These are the future stars and the competition is an event very close to the heart of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa.“We expect a funfare of sort in the third place and final match. Attractive prizes will be given to the finalists and players who excelled in the competition.”The 2019 edition of the competition began in October last year with close to 1,000 private and secondary schools competing for honours from all the 25 Local Governments in the state.Head of the organizing team, Tony Pemu, said that the overall standard of this competition has been an improvement on the last two different editions.Governor Okowa and some of his executive members will be present at the final along with topshots of the sponsors, Zenith Bank Plc.Former international players are expected to also be at the final to encourage the young ones competing for honours today.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram After hosting three international football matches within just five days, the Stephen Keshi Stadium in Asaba will today host the final of the Delta State Principals’ Cup football competition.Obule Integrated School, Sapele and Boys Secondary School, Obiaruku are to clash in the final while Ekpan Secondary School and Comprehensive secondary school will fight for bronze in the third place shortly before the final.The final of the competition originally scheduled for February 15 this year was moved due to the General elections and the involvement of the state in the series of international games at the venue which is fast becoming the home of Nigerian football.
The Warriors are looking to bolster their bench after their Southern California counterparts made some huge moves in the past few weeks.Golden State traded Damian Jones and a 2026 second-round draft pick to the Hawks in exchange for Omari Spellman, the teams announced Monday. NBA free agency rumors: Avery Bradley signing with Lakers, agent says NBA trade rumors: Thunder sending Jerami Grant to Nuggets for first-round pick The Warriors have acquired forward Omari Spellman from the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for center Damian Jones and a 2026 second round draft pick: pic.twitter.com/B8Jpds7VQ1— Warriors PR (@WarriorsPR) July 8, 2019Spellman was the 30th overall pick of the 2018 NBA Draft, but he only played in 46 games in his rookie season and averaged 5.9 points and 4.2 rebounds in 17.5 minutes per game. NBA free agency news: Spurs re-sign Rudy Gay to reported 2-year, $32M deal He averaged 5.4 points and 3.1 rebounds in 17.1 minutes of play in 2018-19.The move comes after Kevin Durant moved on to the Nets, Andre Iguodala was traded and as the Warriors prepare to be without Klay Thompson due to a torn ACL. By getting Spellman, the Warriors can pad their bench while the Hawks receive another utility man behind a young core roster. Jones was also the 30th pick and was selected in 2016 by Golden State. He was promoted to a starter last season, but was sidelined after 22 games with a torn pectoral muscle. Related News
BH skier Elvedina Muzaferija (1999) won the second place and the silver medal on the competition in alpine skiing Whistler Cup in Montreal.In the competition of up to 16 years, out of 15 female competitors Muzaferija achieved the average of 57.58 and 56.91 in two runs, which is a total of 1 minute 54 seconds and 59 hundredths of a second. Skier from Czech Republic Nikola Bubák was a little more than a second faster and won the first place, while the third place was taken by the skier from the host country, Canadian Catherine Dufresne.More than 400 athletes from 25 countries participated in this competition.Muzaferija is a multiple champion of B&H in skiing. She is attending Fifth Gymnasium in Sarajevo, and is considered to be a great skiing hope.(Source: nap.ba)