Ter Stegen is here

first_imgone LaLiga Santander* Data updated as of January 15, 2020 The arrival of Quique Setién has reactivated the dressing room. Arthur Melo, who had been missing in combat for more than a month and a half, returned to work with the group on Monday, after overcoming his nth pubic injury, while Marc André Ter Stegen he completed his first day with the group on Wednesday After being two weeks off due to tendinopathy in his right knee. In addition, the youth players have begun to show their heads, with the young midfielder Riqui Puig, at most standard. The player of Matadepera It has all the numbers to settle permanently in dynamics of the first team, at least those are the indications that points Setien at the beginning of the blast. There is no doubt that the return of Ter Stegen is one of the great news for Barcelona, ​​since his absence ended up ending with a draw against the colista, Espanyol (2-2) in LaLiga, and an elimination against Atlético de Madrid (2-3) in the Spain Supercup. The role of his substitute, the Brazilian Net, it cannot be said that it was satisfactory precisely, since in the second goal of the Spanish could do something else, and in the first of Atlético de Madrid He lacked forcefulness when it came to putting his hand. Ter Stegen, who has carried out a therapy with stem cells and growth factors in the patellar tendon, will be under the sticks this Sunday against Granada at the Camp Nou. The goal is that these two weeks of break has served to improve their performance and can at least end the season without further setbacks. In any case, if the discomfort does not disappear, the German goalkeeper has already agreed with the medical services to go through the operating room after the Eurocup to scrape the tendon of the right knee. The withdrawal time would be about three months, so it would be available in mid-October approximately.In training this Wednesday, which was not originally planned because they had a day off, two youth players also attended: Mbuyamba and Jaume Jardí.last_img read more

Exxon’s 2nd exploration vessel to arrive in October

first_img…Govt thanks company for sponsorship of Guyana Amazon WarriorsExxonMobil is bringing to Guyana a second exploration vessel, the Noble Tom Madden, which is due to arrive in October. This vessel will focus primarily on exploration of high potential areas and will commence drilling at the ‘Pluma’ prospect, approximately 17 miles or 27 kilometres from Turbot well. This announcement was made during a meeting between Minister of State Joseph Harmon; the company’s Executive Vice President, Mike Cousins; and Country Manager, Rod Henson at the Ministry of the Presidency on Wednesday.From left: Country Manager of ExxonMobil Guyana, Rod Henson; Minister of State Joseph Harmon and Executive Vice President at Exxon Mobil Exploration Corporation, Mike CousinsDuring the meeting, the Minister said the Government welcomes this new development and is extremely pleased at the success of the new oil find at the Hammerhead-1 Well, which was announced on August 30, 2018.He told the team that as Guyana continues to prepare itself for the oil and gas sector, Government is looking to build and strengthen its capacity, particularly in the technical areas, which will see many more Guyanese involved in the industry. Minister Harmon told the visiting team that the Government would welcome support and assistance to make this a reality.Minister Harmon also used the opportunity to thank the company for its sponsorship and support to the Guyana Amazon Warriors team, which has secured its place in the finals of the much-loved Caribbean Premier League (CPL).Cousins expressed appreciation for the ongoing partnership with the Government and the country and reaffirmed his company’s commitment to working collaboratively in building capacity now and in the years to come.last_img read more

ANGER AS LETTERKENNY HOUSING ESTATE FLOODS AGAIN

first_imgWater is threatening to flood home in Glenwood, Letterkenny.Residents on a Letterkenny housing estate are tonight trying to prevent their homes from being completely flooded.Householders in the Glenwood estate area have been forced to put sandbags at their doors in a bid to keep rising water from melting snow at bay.Cllr Jimmy KavanaghLocal county councillor Jimmy Kavanagh says the situation is very concerning considering flooding has repeatedly taken place in the area in previous years. He told Donegal Daily “The consistent flooding of a section of the Glenwood estate in Letterkenny, needs to go to the top of the political agenda locally.“The same residents can’t be expected to constantly put up with the area being flooded, as it is tonight and as it was only a few months ago in August, and as has been the case year after year.“The problem is raised consistently by myself and other councillors, but a permanent solution has yet to be implemented, the council need to exert whatever pressure is necessary both locally and nationally to get the necessary funding in place to address this issue and they need to do so immediately.”With strong winds and more rain forecast in the coming days, residents are fearful this could only be the start of yet another nightmare. Floods rise in Glenwood. ANGER AS LETTERKENNY HOUSING ESTATE FLOODS AGAIN was last modified: January 14th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Cllr Jimmy KavanaghdonegalfloodsGlenwoodlast_img read more

VIDEO: Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen scores for Denmark in 1-1 draw with Germany

first_imgTottenham’s Christian Eriksen made the most of some uncharacteristically dodgy Germany defending to score the opening goal in Denmark’s 1-1 draw with Die Mannschaft.The Spurs playmaker latched onto a loose ball to fire past goalkeeper Kevin Trapp just before the 20-minute mark, and with five minutes remaining it seemed the hosts would hold on for a win.But Bayern Munich’s Joshua Kimmich popped up and fired a bicycle kick into the back of the net with two minutes of regulation time remaining to level the friendly clash.You can watch both goals below, starting with Eriksen’s attempt… Watch Christian Eriksen’s goal below… 1last_img

GAA: KILLYBEGS NOTES

first_imgThe Killotto had no winner this week. The numbers were 1, 27, 29 and 30. There was no winner of Match 3 Numbers. Next week’s Killotto jackpot is €1,450. Match 3 rolls over to €120. Next week’s Killotto sellers is Charlie Tully’s Team and Willie Tully’s team is selling 28th of May. The Killotto is now online. If you would like to do the Killotto and are not at home, go online to the new website www.killybegsgaa.comand follow the link for the instructions.There was no winner of the Bingo Jackpot. Consolation prize went to Sabrina Noctor, Bruckless and Sally McHugh, Ardara. Next week’s Jackpot will be €1,400 on 46 calls.Congratulations to Ryan Cunningham of the Niall Mor N.S. who represented the school on Sunday in the Cumann na mBunscol match at half -time in the Donegal v Antrim game. He had an enjoyable day and did the school and club proud.The club are hosting an U-12 13 a side tournament on Saturday 4th of June. The following teams are participating – Killybegs, Coalisland, St. Paul’s Belfast and Crossmaglen Rangers. Competition starts 11a.m to 4p.m. Any person wishing to help out in any way can do so by contacting Joe McBrearty on 0877587553.U-12’s will play Naomh Conaill at Home on Monday 23rd of June at 7p.m. Training as usual each Friday at 5.45p.m. With bus at Niall Mhór N.S. At 5.30p.m.GAA: KILLYBEGS NOTES was last modified: May 17th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Brakes on recreation

first_imgFreddie Cardenas has three huge gas cans in his garage, but he has little use for their precious cargo. He’s an off-road enthusiast, one who loves big machines with throaty engines. Behind his home near Los Feliz, he’s got three Sea-Doos, two dirt bikes and a miniature motorcycle, plus a Ford F-350 to haul them around. And yet, his primary mode of transportation has become a bicycle. With gasoline around $3 a gallon, Cardenas has been priced out of his hobby – a common problem faced by recreational motorists of all sorts. “At the rate things have been going, these things are going to be on sale soon,” the 26-year-old sighed, staring at a pair of Jet Skis. “You want to get away, not think about things like gas prices, but now you’ve got to start planning ahead for these things. “Twenty bucks here, $20 there, just so when the time comes, you’ll have money to pay up.” His Sea-Doos require 91-octane and $50 per tank to fill up, and his truck gets a measly seven miles to the gallon – eight if he’s lucky. With a tight group of buddies, he used to regularly make trips to Laughlin, Nev., or down to Baja. Lately, he’s been hanging close to home and trading horsepower for leg power on the street-racing bike he pedals most days to his job at the Burbank courthouse. This is the struggle faced by gearheads of all sorts – their hobbies usually revolve around which car can go fastest, which truck can surmount the highest dune, which boat accelerates most quickly. Hobbyists used to joke that a long drive and lunch in a hot rod added up to a $50 cheeseburger – now it’s 100 bucks for that same bite to eat. “There’s no doubt it affects use,” said Ron Epstein, director of media for the Good Sam Club, a Ventura-based recreational-vehicle owners organization. “You’re talking about vehicles that get on average less than 10 miles to the gallon. With more than $3 gas, that’s expensive. “I don’t think it’ll make people stop using them, but they’ll have to stay closer to home.” Conservation’s one of the only options for recreational users – there are no economy motor homes or hybrid dirt bikes. While Cardenas tries to cut down on fuel costs by sharing a truck with friends on their sojourns, Sea-Doo-pooling doesn’t have the same appeal as doubling up in a car. And for the true die-hards, when prices rise, they just cut out other expenses. Bill McLean, who manages Kolbe Cycle in Woodland Hills, still keeps a jet boat, maintains a motor home and keeps driving his pickup powered by a “a big American V-8.” “You work a little harder, you work some more hours, sacrifice going out to dinner here or there,” McLean said. “Maybe you wear that pair of pants a couple extra times before you buy new ones … For these kind of people, it’s a lifestyle they won’t give up just because gas went up a little bit. They’ll get a second job before they give up riding.” Brent Hopkins, (818) 713-3738 brent.hopkins@dailynews.com AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREThe top 10 theme park moments of 2019 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more

Volleyball Clipped By Loyola, 3-0

first_imgStory Links Box Score (PDF) Watch Live Full Schedule Roster DES MOINES, Iowa – The Drake University volleyball team (16-9, 5-6 MVC) suffered a 3-0 loss to Loyola (14-9, 6-5 MVC) to open its three-match homestand Friday, Oct. 26. Both teams began the evening tied for fifth in the Missouri Valley Conference standings with Loyola now owning a one-game lead over the Bulldogs.The Ramblers prevailed by set scores of 25-23, 25-23 and 26-24 to earn a split of the season series with Drake.The Bulldogs were led by Cathryn Cheek (Coppell, Texas) who registered a double-double with 19 kills on 43 attempts to go along with 10 digs. The senior has now registered double-figure kills in seven-straight matches.After a slow start in the opening set, the Bulldogs trailed 15-11 to the Ramblers at the media timeout. Despite back to back kills from Natalie Fry (Allen, Texas) down the stretch to tie the score at 23, Loyola scored the final two points to take the first set, 25-23. Fry ended the night with eight kills and two aces while hitting a team-best .389.Drake jumped out to an early 4-1 lead in the second set behind strong serving from Elle Tubbs, (Clinton, Iowa) who also ended with two aces on the night. It was point-for-point for the remainder of the set, but the Bulldogs’ 12 kills were cancelled out by 12 attacking errors, giving Loyola the set victory, 25-23, and a quick 2-0 lead in the match.Trailing early in the third set, the Bulldogs put together a 10-5 run to tie the third set at 19-19, forcing a Rambler timeout to try and break Paige Aspinwall’s (Dayton, Minn.) serving. A Loyola hitting error following the break gave Drake its first lead of the set, but the Ramblers answered back to take the final set, 26-24.Loyola was led by Quinn Spieker and Gabi Maciagowski who both had 11 kills on the night. The pair also added three blocks each to help the Ramblers outblock the Bulldogs, 9-4.Drake continues its three-game homestand with a match Saturday, Oct. 27, against Valparaiso. The Bulldogs are looking to avenge the 3-0 loss they took at Valpo earlier in conference play. First serve is set for at 7 p.m. at the Knapp Center on ESPN+. Preview Buy Tickets Live Stats ESPN+ Valparaiso 10/27/2018 – 7 p.m. Next Game: Box Score (HTML) Print Friendly Versionlast_img read more

DONEGAL DEPUTY REVEALS 2 MILLION HOME HELP HOURS AXED

first_imgDonegal Deputy Charlie McConalogue has accused the Government of yet another brutal attack on supports for older people following confirmation that almost 2 million home help hours have been slashed over the past three years.The Fianna Fáil Deputy said many older people are finding it increasingly difficult to remain living at home following a dramatic reduction in home help supports since this Government came into office.“When elected, Fine Gael and Labour made a firm commitment to increasing home help hours every year while they are office.  Instead, what we have seen is a dramatic reduction in these supports since they got into power.  The result is that many older people or people with disabilities are finding it increasingly difficult to stay living in their own homes,” explained Deputy McConalogue. In 2011 the HSE promised just under 12 million home help hours but only 11.2 million were delivered.  The first Fine Gael/Labour budget in December 2011 removed another 500,000 home help hours.  In 2012, the HSE projected 10.7 million home help hours but only delivered 9.9 million hours in reality.  Again it failed to meet targets in 2013, with 10.3 million home help hours promised and only 9.7 million hours delivered.Deputy McConalogue told Donegal Daily: “These year on year reductions clearly illustrate the extent of the Government’s broken promises in relation to home supports for older people.  It’s just the latest example of Fine Gael’s sustained attack on older people and people with disabilities.“The cull of medical cards, the cuts to home adaption grants, cuts to the housing aid for older people scheme, cuts to the telephone allowance,the abolition of the bereavement grant, the hike in prescription charges, the hike in the carbon tax and the changes to the Fair Deal scheme have had a serious impact on older people in Donegal and across the country.“This attack on the elderly must stop. Every day I hear from older people from across Donegal who are finding it increasingly difficult to stay living at home due to the series of cuts to their supports. “Not only is it deeply unfair for the Government to continue to target older people and people with disabilities in this way, it’s also extremely short-sighted.  By failing to provide the supports needed to allow people to live comfortably and with dignity in their own homes, the Government is pushing these people onto the already overburdened hospital system and costing the tax-payer more in the long-run.” DONEGAL DEPUTY REVEALS 2 MILLION HOME HELP HOURS AXED was last modified: May 15th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DEPUTY CHARLIE MCCONLAOGUEHOME HELP HOURSreductionlast_img read more

Gardai appeal for information following burglary in Lifford

first_imgGardaí at Letterkenny Garda Station are appealing for information in relation to a burglary that occurred at a house in Lifford last weekend. The incident happened in the Commons area of the Donegal town on October 5th (Saturday) between 8pm and 11.15pm.The front door of the house was forced open and the house was ransacked. A sum of money was stolen from the house.If anyone in that area noticed any people/cars that arouse suspicion on that date then we would ask them to contact Letterkenny Gardaí on 074-9167100.Gardai appeal for information following burglary in Lifford was last modified: October 8th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Antonio Brown gives ’emotional apology’ to Raiders in team meeting: report

first_imgAntonio Brown is back at the Raiders’ facility in Alameda and he’s sorry for all the trouble.ESPN’s Josina Anderson reports that Brown gave an emotional apology to the team Friday morning during a meeting, citing an unnamed source, adding he was flanked by Raiders captains.Source: #Raiders WR Antonio Brown just issued “an emotional apology” at a team meeting this morning, just now, “with team captains … CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos or video on a mobile devicelast_img